As part of the implementation, we will review and set up your business rules and parameters that will be used throughout the system. For a multi-store implementation, almost all of such data will be entered in the head office system and then propagated among stores accordingly. Please print or bookmark this list below of the information you will need for each location. Have this information ready before your scheduled implementation.
System Set Up
- General company profile, including company name, address, staff names, and staff contact information.
- Tax rules & registration numbers for each store for all states (or regions) with tax rates charged. Please let us know if tax is included in your ticketed prices. If more than one tax applies, or if special conditions and different taxes apply to some items, please have that information available as well.
- Employee profiles for those who will be using the system. This includes names, addresses, contact info, job titles, and a department or general grouping (Sales, Marketing, etc.) for their access rights.
- Access rights as defined by your customized user groups. Please prepare a rough list of your user groups & their access rights before the implementation and training. Commonly, retailers prefer to group such access rights by job titles such as managers, assistant managers, sales, buyers, and so on. During implementation, members will be assigned to each group. We will review your list & make improvements or further delineate user groups as needed.
Back Office & POS Settings
- Please document the information you wish to be printed on your receipts. Typically, this includes company name, address, phone and email, website information, etc.
- Please provide the company policies about returns and/or exchanges, price adjustments, and any other messages you would like to be printed on invoices and receipts.
- Please provide the language you wish to be used for layaway policies, special orders and pre-order policies, store credit polices, gift receipt policies, and any other situation that does not fall under the terms and conditions of a regular transaction.
- Please provide a list of your suppliers and their information, including their contact names, addresses, phone & fax, email, and their default mark-up% or default discount% (if such applies). This information is usually available at the head office, but stores can add their own supplier details, if authorized to do so.
- Product sizes & colors information (for fashion retailers). Please document product dimensions to be used when ordering or when reviewing size performance reports, etc.
- Merchandise categorization and departments. This is the most important discipline for all aspects of retail management. Please refer to our 2 page guide on how to categorize merchandise if you are unsure about how to do so. It will impact your KPI reports, inventory counts, re-order management, and marketing campaigns.
- Please provide a list of outstanding store credits, gift certificates, gift cards, layaways, and special orders that you will need entered in the system. Include anything not listed here as well that you will need entered. If you are switching from an older system to MultiFlex, you may be able to print a report of this information in your old system.
Inventory & Tag Settings
- Prepare a list of your outstanding inventory items on-order that will be received after the system is implemented. This includes partial receipts. You will need the supplier, style ID/SKU, cost, mark-up % or retail cost, color, and quantity per size received. Once entered, the system allows receiving & prints the tags/labels to place on the merchandise.
- Prepare a list of all items received in the past month, starting with the most recent ones. These are the original invoices (or orders) you have placed & received. You will need the supplier, style ID/SKU, cost, mark-up % or retail cost, color, and quantity per size received. Once entered, the system allows receiving & prints the tags/labels to place on the merchandise.
- Use an inventory count sheet to gather data for the items to be entered into the system with the correct number of units.
- You may choose to temporarily allow sales while items are in the process of being tagged. For this purpose, the system can be used as a cash register. To do this, we will set up a generic item number. At the time of sale, you will enter the item specifics (such as ”pant”) and the price. You can also assign a generic mark up per item category so the system separates the cost & reports the margins accordingly for that category.
- You may also chose to have a generic miscellaneous item entered in your inventory. This allows you to enter the item description at POS and sell it with the applicable tax & quantity. The receipt is printed accordingly & sales are reported under this item.